Switchmode Rectifiers have been used for many years for their sophistication, ease of use and quality service they provide. They also offer many additional features and benefits to fit the specific Impressed Current Cathodic Protection needs.
The switchmode rectifier is a newer technology and is significantly more advanced than Typical transformer rectifiers utilizing high-frequency switching devices resulting in far greater feedback responsiveness, efficiency & service life.
Switchmode Cathodic Protection rectifiers can typically be used with corrosion protection systems on pipelines, tank farms and structures that are at risk of corrosion, where impressed DC currents are required.
Some Features and Benefits of Switchmode Cathodic Protection Rectifiers:
- Automatic PID output feedback control (Constant voltage, constant current, constant reference potential and iterative instant off)
- Heavy-duty power factor correction rectification
- Single-phase wide range voltage input 90–260 VAC
- Input frequency range 47–63 Hz
- High-frequency switching for maximum efficiency of up to 95%.
- Digital metering with backlight for voltage, current and reference potential
- Integrated Remote Monitoring Option (RMU)
- Output DC Ripple of less than 200mV
- Single Phase – efficient rectification across the output range
- Lighter weight design
- Better operating temperatures than Transformer Rectifiers
- Less copper requirement
- Lower Carbon Footprint
- Digital metering with Backlight
- Available in a variety of colors
*Please see technical datasheet for all products specifications.