Recommended Locations for Use
The Gradient Control Mat should be applied where voltage differences can be present, This can include sites such as:
- Test stations in a power line corridor, to address step voltage, as well as touch voltage if test station connections can be contacted.
- Within 4 feet of above-grade piping in stations. Matting can follow the path of the pipeline to afford step and touch voltage protection within facilities.
- Around valve controls at block valve sites and at metering and regulator facilities near piping.
- Approaches to fences and gates, to assure uniform voltage at contact points.
Advantages of Mat Decoupling
Recommends decoupling gradient control mats to improve CP on the pipeline, and offers the affordable Solid State De coupler (SSD) line for use in conjunction with the Gradient Control Mat.
Decoupling mats using the SSD allows for several distinct advantages including:
- The galvanic potential of the mat material has no effect upon pipeline CP.
- Pipeline CF readings can be taken in the vicinity of the mat.
- The life of the anodes used to protect the mat are significantly increased.